Thursday, January 31, 2019

Again with the spare tire!

Just got a call from a customer who was "venting" about no spare tire. As a sales professional, I point out to ALL my customers that many new cars do not come with a spare tire. You will find instead a 'Tire Mobility Kit' which consists of a compressor to refill the tire and a can of sealer.  This will enable you to re inflate the tire (as long as it is a puncture and not a blowout or sidewall damaging hole) and get to your nearest Kia dealership. Calling Kia Roadside assistance (1800-333-4KIA) will get you help in using the kit if you are unsure of your ability to do it.  If you have a catastrophic tire issue, they will tow you to the nearest Kia dealership / service center. 

This being said, if you do not know if you have a spare or not, go check. If you need a spare tire you can purchase a spare tire kit from a Kia parts department, or through your local tire center.  

There is a reason that many cars come sans spare.  It is a weight thing. In order to stay within Federal fuel efficiency standards, many manufacturers (not just Kia) are loosing the spare. The theory is that the extra 30-40 pounds of weight makes a difference in the long haul on fuel consumption.  One of the other ways they are doing this is by instituting the Idle-stop-and-go system that shuts your car down at red lights, and restarts the engine when you take your foot off the brake. I personally hate this feature, and turn it off.  I am old school...If I am at a light and the car quits running, my brain goes in to panic mode....'Something is wrong...' but that's just me and a topic for another blog. 

Remember, you can get ahold of me here with questions or comments. I will do my best to answer any questions you have. 

Have a Kia Day   #Yesitiz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ask, I will Answer